Saturday, April 2, 2011

It' been a while...

Yes, I know, it's been a while. I'm sure I should post more about my life, but that will have to come later. I just wanted to share a project I just completed. I've had the parts for a while now, but just decided to finally put them together. I made a quilt of my old t-shirts from high school. Looking at it you would think that all I did was play volleyball. I did a lot of other things, but they just didn't have t-shirts. :) It was a fun little project to get off my "to-do" list.

I can't remember which year each volleyball shirt goes with. They were the shirts we got as a team and we would where these to school on away game days, and dresses on home game days.
Top row, left to right: 1. Volleyball shirt. 2. Senior shirt w/all our signatures. and yes...those are ALL of the signatures of my graduating class. 3.Volleyball shirt.
2nd Row: 1. The Mousetrap t-shirt. It's a play based on a book by Agatha Christie. I was a lowly prop director, and I rocked. Mom and I made some sweet props for that play. I did quite a few plays in high school, but we only had t-shirts for two of them. Sad. 2.CTVB shirt. This was the volleyball camp I attended each summer. Great camp. Sore muscles to cry for. Aaaah, the memories. 3. D.A.R.E. 'nuff said.
3rd row: 1. Utah Centennial shirt. This is actually from 4th grade. Me and another girl were selected to go sing at the re-dedication of the "This is the Place Monument" in SLC for part of Utah's Centennial celebration. We wore these shirts. :) 2.CTVB Canyon volleball camp, again. 3. My Volleyball uniform from my freshman year. After that, they stopped putting our names on them so they could be re-used. Yes....I was "Number 1" :).
4th row: 1. back of "Annie" play t-shirt showing cast and crew. (see 4th row #3 for front). I was Annie. It was fun. Anellisa's dog Saboka played "Sandy". 2. Another School Volleyball shirt. 3. The front of the "Annie" shirt.
5th row: 1. CVTB Volleyball camp shirt...again. 2.Senior t-shirt. 3. Another school volleyball shirt. Volleyball is fun! :)
Additions: If you look close you will find pieces of my "HOBY" leadership t-shirt, and UREA.
A glimpse at the back. Can you guess what my school colors were?
The End.

3 comments:

Leona said...

So good to hear you are still alive! Your quilt looks awesome...I always thought about doing something like that, but I'm not as talented as you are so the idea quickly left! Miss you!

Yomama said...

Great quilt! I think Alisa may have done one, Emilie did the first in our family (already done when Ben met her), and Mel is determined to do one - or have it done for her. ;-) I LOVE these! But I especially love that you explained all the shirts. Too cool.
Love you, Alta, and your hunky honey too, of course. Someday we'll come visit... Thanks for the post!
Hugs,
Auntie Karla

Melissa said...

every time I see someone complete one of these I re-think getting my bag of old t-shirts out and just doing it. and then I remember the other 5 projects I DID start that still aren't finished... :)

looks great. how's Oregon? Michael? life? catching up is under-rated.