Sunday, September 21, 2008

School! Why does it take over my LIFE!!

So, I haven't posted for a while. . . :) Michael and I have been in school for a few weeks now and it feels like it has been forever for me. I am doing my student teaching right now. I have been teaching for three weeks and have mixed feelings. I teach 8th and 9th graders. So far, I like the 8th graders better. I am learning a lot about myself throughout this, but it definitely has taken over my life. Any of you who know me, know that I get really stressed. Well, now I really know what stress is. :) But, I keep telling myself it is over before Thanksgiving, and then I graduate!!!! I think that once I get through this week things will go better. The students (and I) are a little sick of the Unit we are in. Again, learning A LOT.
Well, these are some pictures from when we went down and spent a day with Jed and Leona. The pictures were taken by my phone, so not the best, but really not that bad!!!


This cute pic was taken by Reid, I showed him which button to push and he went to town.




















It looked like he was getting run over, kind of. Then he laughed and ruined it. . .scratch that. . . he just made it cuter!

4 comments:

Jed and Leona said...

just think 3 more months and it's ALL over!!! thanx for posting those cute pix, i'm going to steal them! mom said you will be out conference weekend while michael is at gaurd, we'll be there too!!! some friends might be there too so it'll be a full house! we miss you!

Jed and Leona said...

i forgot to mention, i like that picture of michael. i think it's the first picture of him smiling that i've seen (except for ones at your wedding). you have such a cute, goofy husband!

Alisa F. said...

Yay! I love the post! Sorry life is crazy. I know how you feel, though I work with adults who ACT more like 8th graders. :) I hope despite the craziness of it, you like teaching. I'm sure you're great at it.

We need to figure out when we can come visit you guys! I miss you!

de and kat said...

I've been thinking about you, and hoping that your student teaching has been going well. If you ever need to vent or let off steam, feel free to e-mail or call me. Sometimes it helps to talk to someone who knows how incredibly wonderful and terrible teaching can be.

Love,
Kat